Dave Crocker dhc at dcrocker.net
Tue May 15 08:06:58 PDT 2012

On 5/11/2012 9:50 AM, Heather Flanagan (RFC Series Editor) wrote:
> Thanks to the feedback from the community, I've modified the
> requirements for the format of RFCs (which ties in I-D format

Further thoughts, questions and suggestions:

1.  Is this list a simple union of all suggestions made?  If yes, why?
If not, why?  That is, what is the logic that controls the content of
this list?

2.  Are these all really 'requirements"?  What does it mean to not
satisfy one?  If it's a requirement, is failing to satisfy it even
allowed?  If it is allowed, there should probably be a rank-ordering.
(I also suspect that makes the goals or targets, rather than requirements.)

3.  For each item, it would help to have an explanation that justifies
making it appropriate to include.  Otherwise this looks like an entirely
arbitrary list.

d/
--
  Dave Crocker