Andrew Sullivan ajs at anvilwalrusden.com
Tue May 15 03:56:13 PDT 2012

On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 04:40:37PM -0700, Paul Hoffman wrote:
> >    Want a more flexible line length
> >
> > I don't think this is really a requirement. We want the ability to
> > print better, and to use mobiles, but line length specifically?
>
> Agree; we want better display, not different line lengths.

Line length is one particular feature of the current rules that is
quite inflexible.  Lines are fixed length.  Reflowing paragraphs
doesn't work because of that.  So I think the list is correct in that
it identifies the particular issue that causes trouble.  (I might have
said "reflowable paragraph layout" instead, I suppose, but fixed line
length is in fact the source of the problem here.)

Best,

Andrew Sullivan
ajs at anvilwalrusden.com