SM sm at resistor.net
Tue May 15 00:25:39 PDT 2012

Hi Iljitsch,
At 12:26 14-05-2012, Iljitsch van Beijnum wrote:
>The situation where the RFC format is changed while there is
>significant opposition to the new format within the IETF (i.e., !=
>rough consensus) is inconceivable to me. And the situation where the
>format is changed without something resembling IETF-wide last call
>would be highly undesirable, in my opinion.

If there is significant opposition in the IETF, it does not
count.  If there is significant opposition on this mailing list, it
will probably make a difference.  BTW, the RSOC is supposed to
monitor policy matters.

The problem with the current process is that nobody knows how it will
work given that it is new.  I don't have an opinion about how it
should work or whether it will work.

Regards,
-sm