Paul Hoffman paul.hoffman at vpnc.org
Sat May 12 11:11:56 PDT 2012

Greetings again. A draft of my proposal can be found at <http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-hoffman-rfcformat-canon-others-00.txt>.

On May 11, 2012, at 9:50 AM, Heather Flanagan (RFC Series Editor) wrote:

> http://www.rfc-editor.org/rse/wiki/doku.php?id=formatreq
> (point of order - is it better for me to include a link as above,
> or copy the list in to the email?)
>
> At this point, I would like to encourage people to submit (or
> point to existing) I-Ds with these requirements and requests as
> input.  I do not expect any proposed solution can meet all the
> needs and wants listed by the community, but I'd like to see how
> close we can get.

I think it meets most of the non-conflicting requirements Heather listed on the Wiki page. It is pretty much unchanged from what I proposed at the BoF in Paris, but has more emphasis about why this will be good for people who want to have HTML versions of RFCs, namely that we can have multiple HTML formats to meet different needs.

--Paul Hoffman