[rfc-i] IETF RFC format <-> W3C pubrules

Joe Hildebrand jhildebr at cisco.com
Wed May 9 09:01:19 PDT 2012

On 5/9/12 9:40 AM, "Phillip Hallam-Baker" <hallam at gmail.com> wrote:

> Note: a third non responsive response.
>
> Are you actually going to answer the question?
>
> What are the other formats that you think should be considered and why?

https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/83/materials.html#wg-rfcform

- Just add UTF-8
- Just add URLs
- TeX input
- PDF/A

Note: Personally, I think all of these but the TeX input do not meet the
requirements for which we're starting to see a little bit of emerging
consensus.  I'm only interested in the HTML output of the TeX input, to
ensure that it meets the requirements.  As such, TeX could be just one more
precursor toolchain for those that like it.

--
Joe Hildebrand