[rfc-i] FW: IETF RFC format <-> W3C pubrules

Phillip Hallam-Baker hallam at gmail.com
Wed May 9 04:06:31 PDT 2012

I have worked with W3C since the very start. There has been one format
from start to finish. It has always been HTML.

HTML has developed over time and there have been tools to check nits.
But those appeared in W3C before they appeared in IETF.

The RFC2XML tool is a one off because the only thing it is good for is
to make RFCs. There is a lot more interest in making tools that
produce HTML because that is a format people like to use rather than
hate the sight of.

Website: http://hallambaker.com/