[rfc-i] LaTeX proposal misunderstood

Yaakov Stein yaakov_s at rad.com
Wed Mar 28 13:39:15 PDT 2012

You can enter LaTeX using any editor you choose. It is just text.

You can compile the LaTeX source with the free and Open Source code available on every platform I have ever seen,
or with any of a dozen commercial implementations.
I personally use a commercial program called PCTeX, and co-workers of mine use uTeX and CMacTeX.

Take a look at the TeX Users Group (TUG) web page
and the Comprehensive TeX Archive Network (CTAN) repository to see the wealth of tools available.

Y(J)S