[rfc-i] illustrations & equations rare: extra overhead for creating them acceptable

Joe Touch touch at isi.edu
Wed Mar 28 08:48:04 PDT 2012

On Mar 28, 2012, at 5:31 AM, Larry Masinter <masinter at adobe.com> wrote:
> Observation:     diagrams and equations don't work well on small-screen devices, no matter what file format
>       (ASCII art, PDF, jpeg, SVG, whatever), unless the diagrams and equations are really small.

I sincerely hope that this discussion can veer away from concerns that focus on the use of specific devices or classes of device.

Just because some people want to use a 4" screen to read a doc doesn't mean we should worry about supporting that.

At some point it's OK to say "that device is too small or dumb" for the full - or even a limited - viewing experience.

Joe