[rfc-i] Next steps in the RFC Format discussion

Heather Flanagan (RFC Series Editor) rse at rfc-editor.org
Wed Mar 28 02:24:56 PDT 2012

Hi all -

I believe my next steps are to filter through what's been said on the
list and in the BoF in order to determine the global requirements for
the input, archiving, and display of RFC.  I'm going to avoid specific
technologies and/or protocols at this point in favor of documenting what
the problems and requirements are that those technologies may be solving.

Some of you are working on tools to demonstrate your point, and others
are working on Internet-Drafts to describe your proposal.  That's fine,
though you may find it useful to hold off for a bit to incorporate my
findings.  Your call.

Thank you all.  This has been a useful conversation for me, and in
particular, a useful BoF.

-Heather