[rfc-i] transition plan for choosing alternative format for RFCs

Joe Hildebrand jhildebr at cisco.com
Mon Mar 26 07:06:34 PDT 2012

On 3/26/12 4:00 PM, "Julian Reschke" <julian.reschke at gmx.de> wrote:

>> To be more clear, I think that a Word add-in in our tool chain is not a
>> good choice. I also think that an XSLT-based processing path (instead of
>> TCL-based) would be a laudable and fairly-achievable goal.
>
> Right. It has been achieved many years ago :-)

http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/rfc2629xslt.zip

Note: Patrick is a newbie to the IETF, and I appreciate his being willing to
wade into the deep end of the pool on this topic since he's got experience
with both HTML and the Word file formats.  We'll need to give him pointers
to things that are (for old-timers) everyone-knows-x territory.

--
Joe Hildebrand