[rfc-i] transition plan for choosing alternative format for RFCs

Patrick Linskey (plinskey) plinskey at cisco.com
Mon Mar 26 06:46:54 PDT 2012

I said:

> > HOWEVER, the use of plugins to MSWord to provide improved output
> > capabilities is well established and has been part of the
> > workflow/ecosystem of many for at least a decade or more.  Is the
> > addition
> > of a plugin to Word any more/less reasonable than a completely
> separate
> > tool (eg. xml2rfc)??
>
> I'd say "yes".

Well, that was a meaningless response. Didn't notice the choice in the
sentence on first read.

To be more clear, I think that a Word add-in in our tool chain is not a
good choice. I also think that an XSLT-based processing path (instead of
TCL-based) would be a laudable and fairly-achievable goal.

-Patrick