[rfc-i] Internet Draft Format

"Martin J. Dürst" duerst at it.aoyama.ac.jp
Sun Mar 25 22:30:56 PDT 2012

On 2012/03/25 9:45, Joe Hildebrand wrote:

> There are still some issues with non-ASCII characters, as the text
> version will have some ugly hex entity refs for non-latin stuff, but I agree
> this makes the world an incrementally better place.

Actually, the text version of xml2rfc.tcl produces decimal entity refs,
not hexadecimal ones, except in cases where it thinks it can do better,
e.g. converting 'ü' to 'ue', which may work as a fallback in some cases
(e.g., some author names, but not guaranteed) and is definitely
counterproductive in the case of examples. For the examples I submitted
a few hours ago, I had to hack around this.

Regards,    Martin.