[rfc-i] Experiment with Unicode in HTML/PDF

"Martin J. Dürst" duerst at it.aoyama.ac.jp
Sun Mar 25 22:21:27 PDT 2012

On 2012/03/26 13:07, Larry Masinter wrote:
> martin, could you also post the xml and xsl preprocessing you used to produce this?

Okay, with the strong caveats that what I did was just the path of least
resistance for me and the toolset I'm most familiar with, to get
something out over the weekend, and so everything is very ad-hoc.

Attached are the XML source, a tweaked DTD, two short XSLT scripts, and
a Ruby script. Some manual processing was also used, but I'm not going
to send that :-). The next step would be to change the Ruby script into
a Rake file (Ruby version of make), and maybe to combine the two XSLT
script into one with a switch. That would still be very ad-hoc. But
anyway, the point of this exercise wasn't to produce final software, but
to produce something to get an impression of how things might look.

Regards,   Martin.