[rfc-i] transition plan for choosing alternative format for RFCs

Patrick Linskey (plinskey) plinskey at cisco.com
Sun Mar 25 10:36:00 PDT 2012

On Mar 25, 2012, at 6:43, "Larry Masinter" <masinter at adobe.com> wrote:

> It's great if there are accessible editions of every document, of course,
> but "standards" often have more accessible resources describing,
> explaining, illustrating the standard. If you want to read something
> on your phone... is it important to reduce other requirements so that
> you can accomplish that?

I think I'd say "yes, if necessary." I'm not sufficiently caught up on this thread to really know if it's necessary, but barriers to mobile access == barriers to my workflow, at least.

> Is it possible to take an ASCII text file and generate an xml2rfc input
> which would re-generate the same text? But also generate good looking
> appropriate HTML, PDF?

Not without adding a whole bunch of semantics to the contents of the ASCII file, which doesn't seem appealing.

-Patrick

--
Patrick Linskey
202 669 5907