[rfc-i] transition plan for choosing alternative format for RFCs

Tim Bray tbray at textuality.com
Sun Mar 25 09:31:08 PDT 2012

PDF offers very poor readability on, for example, the Samsung Galaxy Nexus
I'm using to type this email. I keep having to pinch and unpinch and scroll
around the page.  HTML, on the other hand, flows smoothly into the
available screen width and auto-expands to do so at a very legible type
size with a double-tap.

The usability contrast is not subtle. Also, the proportion of people who
use this sort of mobile device for some or all of their interaction with
data is growing fast.

-T