[rfc-i] rfc-interest Digest, Vol 89, Issue 11

John Levine johnl at taugh.com
Sun Mar 25 01:32:57 PDT 2012

>> We can change the media type without changing the encoding, such as by moving to
>> "text/plain; format=flowed".

>It doesn't handle embedded images, of course, but for the rest, I'm curious why
>the above are not sufficient?

It would take a pretty creative interpretation of format=flowed to
reformat around the headers present at the top and bottom of every
printer-image page.  Also, at least on my small screen device (a
Kindle) the results with fixed pitch fonts are a lot worse than when I
do xml2rfc->html->mobi.

R's,
John