[rfc-i] Potential RFC format approach: HTML

Tim Bray tbray at textuality.com
Sat Mar 24 10:39:12 PDT 2012

tl;dr: Yes, UTF-8 will handle all reasonable name variations, but so
will lots of other encodings of Unicode.

For those who (like many), have never bootstrapped themselves on
character sets and find the UTF-this and charset-that puzzling, let me
self-promote shamelessly; I wrote an introduction that's been quite
popular for some years.

Unicode in general: http://goo.gl/lGzfj
Encodings and UTF-whatevers: http://goo.gl/npqR