[rfc-i] Potential RFC format approach: HTML

Joe Hildebrand jhildebr at cisco.com
Sat Mar 24 00:05:08 PDT 2012

On 3/24/12 12:33 AM, "Fred Baker" <fred at cisco.com> wrote:

> Speaking entirely for myself, I'd actually like to see some more tools
> directly supporting the XML input format. Reason? Well, to pick one example, I
> have to file-scrape 1id-abstracts.txt to pull abstracts for internal
> discussion purposes at Cisco - which doesn't work all that well. "if there are
> two blanks at the beginning of the line, <>, as opposed to if there are four
> blanks" doesn't quite do it for me. If, however, I could extract

I was actually thinking about this tool when I was considering folks who
would need to deal with the structure. :)

With better HTML, I'd expect the abstract to look more like:

Which could be pulled out with jQuery like so:

$(".abstract").html()

Using jQuery from a node.js script is quite easy, so you can have something
that runs from the command line.

--
Joe Hildebrand