[rfc-i] Use of PDF/A for archiving RFC's

Tim Bray tbray at textuality.com
Fri Mar 23 10:39:07 PDT 2012

Speaking as one of the loudest voices for moving from
page-formatted-ASCII to HTML+unicode for RFCs... I totally am not in
favor of any extra effort to include graphics.

I’m pretty convinced that if you can’t how to specify a protocol
cleanly and comprehensibly in written language, graphics aren’t gonna
help you.

Also, maybe it’s just me, but I’ve noticed that in WG debate,
proposals that come equipped with elaborate structure diagrams or
flowcharts or whatever tend to have a higher-than-normal likelihood of
being misinformed, counterproductive, or otherwise just wrong.

-Tim