[rfc-i] Use of PDF/A for archiving RFC's

Joe Hildebrand jhildebr at cisco.com
Fri Mar 23 01:09:52 PDT 2012

On 3/23/12 1:45 AM, "Julian Reschke" <julian.reschke at gmx.de> wrote:

> I believe this will not work with ancient versions of Internet Explorer
> (dunno whether we care),

I don't much care about ancient IE.  I'm more worried about the browsers of
decades from now, which, with a trailing wind and some luck, won't still be
ancient IE.

However, we have to provide alternate representations for the sight-impaired
anyway, and I'm pretty sure even ancient IE will render the alt attribute.

> and it may also come with length restrictions (to be tested).

Here's one well over 64k: http://cursive.net/datauri.html

It works on Chrome, Firefox, and Safari.

--
Joe Hildebrand