[rfc-i] Use of PDF/A for archiving RFC's

Julian Reschke julian.reschke at gmx.de
Wed Mar 21 15:32:17 PDT 2012

On 2012-03-21 23:19, Joe Touch wrote:
> FWIW, I'm the one who uses Word to generate RFCs currently; I don't use
> XML because the editors are too cumbersome. Not to say I support that as
> any particular format, but I'd be very happy if the author format
> supported the use of a "modern WYSIWYG" editor. That's my personal
> preference, though, so I didn't list it as a requirement.

Yes, and I'd like to use the opportunity to point out that WSYIWYG is
nowadays considers frequently as anti-pattern (unless you're doing
Desktop Publishing for things that get printed), because it makes little
sense when display devices vary widely in format. ("What You See Is All
You Get")

Best regards, Julian