[rfc-i] Use of PDF/A for archiving RFC's

Leonard Rosenthol lrosenth at adobe.com
Wed Mar 21 15:12:25 PDT 2012

Joe - I think those are a great starting point for requirements.

I just want to point out, as I did in my presentation, that I don't
believe that a "one size fits all" is necessary.  Meaning that the
authoring format need not necessary be the archival format.  In fact, I
would say that it's important that they are NOT the same format because
(as you are doing below), the requirements for each differ.

For example, I would add to the Archive item some items that aren't
necessary during the editing process:
- Guarantee of authenticity
	How do you know that a given RFC is really the approved version from the
IETF?
- Metadata
	Information about authors, rights, history, etc. in a standard
machine+human readable format

Leonard