[rfc-i] RFC Format BoF

Heather Flanagan (RFC Series Editor) rse at rfc-editor.org
Wed Mar 14 13:08:21 PDT 2012

Hi all -

It's almost recursive: this is a message about the format of the RFC
Format BoF.   As mentioned in an earlier post, I want the BoF to be
informal, with the audience providing the information.  I do not want it
to be so informal that we devolve in to food fights and dart gun wars
(we can save that for another time).  So, in order to find a balance and
to effectively use our hour, we will be structuring the BoF as a series
of lightning talks with a general introduction.

Individuals who wish to present their concerns and suggestions regarding
images and internationalization, two problems often referred to
collectively as "The ASCII Problem", must contact Nevil and I by
Thursday, March 22.  Remote participation in the BoF is expected, so I
will ask for a Very Short slide deck by 09:00 March 26, Paris time, so
that people not in the room have time to review the slides.  There may
not be time for everyone to talk (depends on how many people ask to
participate) but we will do what we can.

Lightning talks are short and to the point.  Do not expect more than 5
minutes to make your point(s) since there will probably be 5 minutes of
questions and rebuttal after.  We will have a hard stop at 18:10 as
requested by the Secretariat.

See you in Paris!
Heather Flanagan, RSE