[rfc-i] I-D Action: draft-iab-rfc-editor-model-v2-04.txt

SM sm at resistor.net
Mon Mar 12 22:48:56 PDT 2012

Hi Joel,
At 19:48 12-03-2012, Joel M. Halpern wrote:
>It is left waffly because, as an IAB program and an IAB
>responsibility, the IAB needs to retain flexibility with regard to
>its direct participation in the RSOC, rather than trying to write
>prescriptive rules about it.

Ok.

In Section 4.1, there is:

   "The RSOC shall develop and publish its own rules of order."

Has those rules been developed or is this tied to the publication of
draft-iab-rfc-editor-model-v2-04?

As a nit, in Section 2.1.5, please expand "FTE".

In Section 3.1:

   "The RSOC was expected to describe the process it ultimately
    selected to the community and did involve the community in
    interim considerations when that was likely to be of value."

I don't understand the sentence.

   "Following completion of the selection process, the RSOC will
    determine the best way to share information learned and experience
    gained with the community and to determine how to best preserve that
    information for future use."

Is it important to have the above in this draft?

In Section 4.3:

   "The RSE may make final decisions unilaterally only to assure the
    functioning of the process and evaluation of whether current policies
    are appropriately implemented in the decision or need adjustment."

I have some difficulty parsing the above sentence.

In Section 4.4, there is a typo: "it's".

Regards,
-sm

P.S. The IAB may wish to update its RFC Editor Program web page to
reflect the actual composition of the RSOC.