John Levine johnl at taugh.com
Fri Jun 22 15:46:20 PDT 2012

>As for 1, we now have RFCs that are about 40 years old. Do we really expect XML2RFC to be around
>and be compatible with how it operates today in 40 years?

nroff and troff are 40 years old.  The versions that people use now
share no code at all with the versions we used in the 1970s, but
they're compatable enough to run off old documents, even though there
has never been a formal spec for the syntax or semantics of the input language.

I continue to be baffled by your belief that people in the future will
somehow forget how to do software maintenance.  It's like that Isaac
Asimov story "The Feeling of Power."

R's,
John