John Levine johnl at taugh.com
Fri Jun 22 12:29:37 PDT 2012

>> There's a mailing list where you can ask for advice.
>
>If we are going to pick the Official Format of Some Tool as the
>canonical version of a document, the documentation for that tool
>cannot be "ask on the mailing list for help".

Of course, but despite the availablility of well written C and Fortran
standards, there's still plenty of traffic in comp.lang.c and
comp.lang.fortran.

The xml2rfc spec needs to be cleaned up and tweaked, at least so the
RFC production people can produce documents without an nroff step, but
it does have a well-defined DTD, and there are several separate tools
like xsltproc that can translate the existing version of xml2rfc,
using , so it's not that badly specified.

R's,
John