Brian E Carpenter brian.e.carpenter at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 08:27:06 PDT 2012

On 2012-06-22 15:34, Joe Touch wrote:
> On Jun 22, 2012, at 1:42 AM, Iljitsch van Beijnum wrote:
>> So in my experience, XML2RFC is just barely better than creating the RFC format by hand, but it is a constant annoyance and time waster on many levels.
>
> +1

In the interests of balance, -1.

I used nroff until about 2003, tried the MS Word approach with
frustrating results in 2004, and switched to xml2rfc in 2005.

Yes, it is sometimes picky, but the results are good and I
rarely have trouble with idnits. It is indescribably better than
trying to do it by hand.

    Brian