John R Levine johnl at taugh.com
Fri Jun 22 07:10:28 PDT 2012

>> No, what I mean is that due to a change in the environment you can no
>> longer run the tool. Without constant upkeep software breaks after a while.
>
> Hasn't happened for me yet. If it does, the software will indeed need to be
> updated; or you could use a web service instead.

I am intrigued by the implicit assumption in this question that the skills
of the IETF's tools group in the future will be so degraded that they will
lose the ability to fix bugs, and even will forget to do a regression test
on all the existing documents before shipping a new version.

Must be all that high fructose corn syrup our kids are drinking.

Regards,