John Levine johnl at taugh.com
Thu Jun 21 13:34:04 PDT 2012

> But the above depends on an extra premise, which is, "IETF-naïve readers will
>be able to read that canonical form without difficulty."  Why do you
>think that premise is true?  I am sceptical.

Because these are RFCs, not (other than on the occasional April 1st)
poetry or literary criticism.  They're dense technical documents full
of jargon.  IETF-naive readers, or at least readers without a good
computing background, can't read them now.

Like I said, I'm having trouble imagining someone who can understand
the contents of a typical RFC, but can't if necessary deal with the
codes used in xml2rfc.

R's,
John