[rfc-i] New proposal for "canonical and others"

Phillip Hallam-Baker hallam at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 09:22:26 PDT 2012

What is so hard about constant copying?

It is going to be an inevitable feature of the cloud. We are going to
have to find ways to archive materials that are far more important
than RFCs which have been in digital format since forever in any case.

I am actually more concerned with the archives of the mailing lists
than the RFCs. They give the why and the when which are rather more
important than the what.

If people have lost the source documents of a spec then it is unlikely
to be of anything more than historic interest. If people have
forgotten how to ship bits about then they have almost certainly lost
interest in IETF like things.

Website: http://hallambaker.com/