[rfc-i] issue: canonical formats

SM sm at resistor.net
Wed Jun 6 08:16:47 PDT 2012

At 03:50 06-06-2012, Brian E Carpenter wrote:
>For RFCs from 1 through 6999, the .txt version is canonical except
>for RFC1131.ps (and the other handful of exceptions).
>
>For RFCs from 7000 up, the .foobar version is canonical except
>for ... (or we add it to the metatdata).
>
>All other formats are provided for convenience [legal disclaimer
>follows].

I am ok with the above.

Ole Jacobsen posted a message recently (
http://www.rfc-editor.org/pipermail/rfc-interest/2012-May/004133.html
).  I guess this thread and all the other threads are about finding
out what the RFC Series Editor wants to do.  I have lost count of who
wants what.  I am no longer able to tell who I disagree with. :-)

Regards,
-sm