[rfc-i] open issues: small and mobile screens

Bjoern Hoehrmann derhoermi at gmx.net
Tue Jun 5 18:26:17 PDT 2012

* Joe Hildebrand wrote:
>On 6/5/12 1:28 PM, "Julian Reschke" <julian.reschke at gmx.de> wrote:
>
>>> As a first approximation maybe, but my experiences with user agent sniffing
>>> haven't been uniformly favorable.
>>
>> Isn't this what CSS media queries are for?
>
>@media (max-width:500px) { Š }

(Joe's mail declares ISO-8859-1, but the above refers to the octet 0x8A,
which ISO-8859-1 assigns no meaning to. I'd guess this is supposed to be
a Horizontal Ellipsis, but I am not sure which encoding would result in
this kind of mangling. S with caron does not make much sense above. Just
saying, since we are discussing non-ASCII in a neighbouring thread...)