[rfc-i] open issues: character sets of examples

Joe Hildebrand jhildebr at cisco.com
Mon Jun 4 13:52:52 PDT 2012

On 6/4/12 2:39 PM, "Martin Rex" <mrex at sap.com> wrote:

> e.g. Windows 7 with all 3 browser, MSIE 8, Chrome 18, FF 12,
> placeholder boxes start appearing at U+0370:
>
>   http://www.utf8-chartable.de/unicode-utf8-table.pl?start=768

As we've said before, care will need to be taken to select codepoints that
render well across a variety of operating environments that are
widely-deployed at the time of publication.  If someone uses one of those
codepoints in a draft while Win7 is still widely-deployed, complain at last
call, please.

However, this is not an argument for banning all codepoints higher than 127
or 255.

--
Joe Hildebrand