[rfc-i] open issues: small and mobile screens

Joe Hildebrand jhildebr at cisco.com
Mon Jun 4 08:25:01 PDT 2012

On 6/4/12 9:00 AM, "Brian E Carpenter" <brian.e.carpenter at gmail.com> wrote:

> How about the existing html output from xml2rfc?
>
> e.g. http://www.ietf.org/tao.html
>
> I normally use that for proof-reading my own drafts, and it resizes
> as
> narrow
> as
> you
> want.

We're talking about automatically reflowing when you zoom or when you change
from portrait to landscape orientation, which is a 3rd-order problem (after
reflow and getting the initial width correct).  It's not important.

On the iPhone, the addition of the viewport meta tag would make the tao page
start off narrow with readable text, rather than with tiny text that you
have to zoom in on.

--
Joe Hildebrand