[rfc-i] Big Picture and RFC format

Iljitsch van Beijnum iljitsch at muada.com
Fri Jun 1 06:57:55 PDT 2012

On 1 Jun 2012, at 13:36 , Andrew G. Malis wrote:

> That depends on what you consider "commonly available". I use
> NroffEdit, which is a free download, runs on any system that runs
> Java, and has a very quick learning curve.

What I meant was that if you take the set of commonly available (editing / word processing) tools, the subset of that that can create the current RFC format is extremely small.

Obviously there are tools that can do this, but so far I haven't found one to my liking. NroffEdit sounds interesting, but I'm very reluctant to install Java on my system.