[rfc-i] hildeform

Dave Crocker dhc at dcrocker.net
Tue Jul 31 13:24:36 PDT 2012

On 7/31/2012 1:14 PM, Joe Hildebrand (jhildebr) wrote:
>   Other than the table-ness, everything else is easy to
> recreate with the exact HTML we have in my proposal, modifying solely the
> CSS.  Hence, the table-ness is the "interesting" part from an

> implementation perspective.  I don't know how important that is to you.

table-ness is an implementation detail. (i like table-ess a la html and
even xml2rfc.) but my point was purely about the aesthetics.  that your
system can easily change the appearance wasn't my concern.  getting a
'good' appearance is.

frankly i took it as a given that it would be easy to encode the
template, as soon as we figure out what it should look like.

> Regardless, I think we should take this as an opportunity to create a new
> brand, so recreating the brand of docs that we don't currently publish
> officially doesn't feel like a high priority to me.

I wasn't trying to press that hard for it, as much as noting that it's
something to attend to explicitly... eventually.

d/

--
  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking