[rfc-i] hildeform

Dave Crocker dhc at dcrocker.net
Tue Jul 31 10:49:15 PDT 2012

On 7/31/2012 10:02 AM, Joe Hildebrand (jhildebr) wrote:
>> Joe's html document header format as represented by:
>> is quite different from either document header.
>
> There's only one difference that is interesting, which is that current
> best practice on the web is to not use <table>'s as a placement mechanism,

sorry, no.  my assertion of 'quite' was about appearance, not technology.

The visuals of the xml2rfc document header are massively different from
yours and, I believe, the differences are likely to have differences in
some aspects of utility and possibly marketing friendliness.  (But I
said possibly.)

> but instead only to hold truly tabular data.  Granted, this is a religious
> thing within certain communities, but if we can find a way not to fight
> that battle, I'd appreciate it.

By casting it in terms of marketing and branding, I mean to move it
towards pragmatic issues that now have an established industry with
real, professional expertise, rather to treat it in the religions of
personal preference.

  d/

--
  Dave Crocker