[rfc-i] hildeform

Dave Crocker dhc at dcrocker.net
Tue Jul 31 10:49:15 PDT 2012

On 7/31/2012 10:02 AM, Joe Hildebrand (jhildebr) wrote:
>> Joe's html document header format as represented by:
>> is quite different from either document header.
> There's only one difference that is interesting, which is that current
> best practice on the web is to not use <table>'s as a placement mechanism,

sorry, no.  my assertion of 'quite' was about appearance, not technology.

The visuals of the xml2rfc document header are massively different from
yours and, I believe, the differences are likely to have differences in
some aspects of utility and possibly marketing friendliness.  (But I
said possibly.)

> but instead only to hold truly tabular data.  Granted, this is a religious
> thing within certain communities, but if we can find a way not to fight
> that battle, I'd appreciate it.

By casting it in terms of marketing and branding, I mean to move it
towards pragmatic issues that now have an established industry with
real, professional expertise, rather to treat it in the religions of
personal preference.

  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking