[rfc-i] New proposal for "canonical and others"

Dave Crocker dhc at dcrocker.net
Mon Jul 30 07:37:10 PDT 2012

On 6/15/2012 6:23 PM, John Levine wrote:
> There are XML editors with configurations that know about the xml2rfc
> DTD and can help you create correct XML, such as the freeware xxe.  I
> wouldn't say it's the best editor ever, but it's an existence proof
> that such things are possible.  I think Dave Crocker uses another XML
> editor that he likes.

I am plodding through the list discussion, in preparation for tomorrow's
meeting, and just saw this.

Just to respond to the implied question:

I have been using oXygen and XML2RFC for years.  It's a pain to produce
the .txt version,  but oXygen can generate .html (based on Julan's xslt)
trivially.  So that's was I produce during rounds of iterative editing.

d/

--
  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking