[rfc-i] Another example of a draft with non-ASCII characters (draft-ietf-iri-3987bis-12.txt)

Dave Thaler dthaler at microsoft.com
Wed Jul 18 11:44:39 PDT 2012

I agree with the others who said you should add the BOM so we can discover
any such hiccups.

> > It has no context to go on, so it's having to sniff out the encoding
> > and guess based on the first bit of the file.
>
> I'm not sure why the dump Notepad gets it, but Wordpad doesn't. But then I'm
> not using either very much.

Both notepad and Wordpad work fine for me just now.   I saved it from IE, which
either added a BOM or else you must have updated the file to contain a BOM.

If anyone sees rectangles, make sure you have some TrueType font selected
(e.g., Consolas), but the default worked fine for me.

-Dave