[rfc-i] Graceful degradation is key, was: Re: draft-hildebrand-html-rfc

John Levine johnl at taugh.com
Sat Jul 14 11:01:33 PDT 2012

>No, you can't use tools like grep because once you've found something, you
>can't see that what you found properly if it doesn't display fully on the
>command line.

I grep xml all the time.  It does help to know a little bit about
regular expressions, but I expect that now I've set us up for rants
about how REs are too complicated, nobody understands them, they're
impossible to use, and so forth.

R's,
John

PS to Phill: I grep from my command line, frequently as part of a more
complex shell command.  So sue me.