[rfc-i] draft-hildebrand-html-rfc

"Martin J. Dürst" duerst at it.aoyama.ac.jp
Fri Jul 13 02:46:29 PDT 2012

On 2012/07/12 1:27, Iljitsch van Beijnum wrote:
> On 8 Jul 2012, at 14:50 , Yoav Nir wrote:

>> SVG might work better.
>
> I don't know about other systems, but in Safari SVG is extremely problematic.

Can you say exactly what's problematic about it? I have had experiences
where Safari was better than any other browser for some SVG.

> And AFAIK none of my image editing programs handle them, either.

SVG is a vector graphics format, not an image format. So think Inkscape
rather than Gimp, or Illustrator rather than Photoshop, or whatever.

For the record, I think that SVG is the way to go for diagrams. It's a
bit early to use in a context such as RFCs, but then we don't exactly
want every RFC to have a ton of graphics, so it should be okay.

> For those who want "real" equations: please explain the consequences that has for greek letters and italics in the text of RFCs.

What consequences would you expect?

Regards,   Martin.