[rfc-i] draft-hildebrand-html-rfc

Joe Touch touch at isi.edu
Thu Jul 12 08:48:04 PDT 2012

On Jul 12, 2012, at 8:37 AM, Julian Reschke wrote:

> On 2012-07-12 17:32, Joe Touch wrote:

>>> And where is *that* requirement coming from?
>>
>> It's a direct consequence of the primary requirement that the solution be archival.
>
> I don't see how that follows from the archival requirement.

Archival means useful into the future.

Useful means it can be supported and translated if needed.

Keeping the set of such features minimal helps reduce the effort needed for that support, and increases the probability that such support will be correct.

I would consider anyone for whom this isn't painfully obvious to be unqualified to develop a solution, frankly.

Joe