[rfc-i] draft-hildebrand-html-rfc

Joe Hildebrand (jhildebr) jhildebr at cisco.com
Wed Jul 11 12:32:12 PDT 2012

On 7/11/12 1:27 PM, "Julian Reschke" <julian.reschke at gmx.de> wrote:

>On 2012-07-11 19:53, Peter Sylvester wrote:
>> It should be formed  a <section> IMO.
>There's a tradeoff between leading edge HTML5 and backwards
>compatibility. As far as I understand, legacy IE versions will not
>properly parse this, and require a workaround which in turns requires
>scripting to be enabled.

I don't really care what element we use, but I'm adamant that we MUST NOT
require scripting.  One reason is because a common use case is for people
to rsync these docs to their local disk, thereby potentially running them
in an environment that isn't as sandboxed as docs loaded across HTTP.

Joe Hildebrand