[rfc-i] draft-hildebrand-html-rfc

Joe Hildebrand (jhildebr) jhildebr at cisco.com
Wed Jul 11 12:32:12 PDT 2012

On 7/11/12 1:27 PM, "Julian Reschke" <julian.reschke at gmx.de> wrote:

>On 2012-07-11 19:53, Peter Sylvester wrote:
>>
>> It should be formed  a <section> IMO.
>
>There's a tradeoff between leading edge HTML5 and backwards
>compatibility. As far as I understand, legacy IE versions will not
>properly parse this, and require a workaround which in turns requires
>scripting to be enabled.

I don't really care what element we use, but I'm adamant that we MUST NOT
require scripting.  One reason is because a common use case is for people
to rsync these docs to their local disk, thereby potentially running them
in an environment that isn't as sandboxed as docs loaded across HTTP.

--
Joe Hildebrand