[rfc-i] Graphics and XML

John Levine johnl at taugh.com
Tue Jul 10 14:42:53 PDT 2012

>For RFCs, assuming the RFC has a stable URI, a local relative URI will
>be stable as well, no?

I would think so, and it would be make mirroring them somewhat easier.

For submissions, I can imagine a variety of options.  If the author
has convenient access to a web server and can give the graphics a
stable URL, that would be OK, but for authors who don't, they could be
uploaded as separate files along with the XML or embedded into the
document.  Even if the author provides his or her own URL, I'd want
the upload process to fetch the graphics, create local copies, and
modify the XML to point to them to avoid accidental or deliberate
problems if contents of the allegedly stable URL changes or goes away.

But these are all operational hits that the RSE and production center
can surely work out.

R's,
John