[rfc-i] Graphics and XML

Paul Hoffman paul.hoffman at vpnc.org
Tue Jul 10 09:42:31 PDT 2012

On Jul 10, 2012, at 9:37 AM, Yoav Nir wrote:

> I don't know. How do you download the RFC?

I was speaking of mirroring the RFC directory with FTP or rsync.

> If you just click File-->Save As… in a browser, you will normally just save the HTML file, or batch-use wget to download a bunch of them. Yes, some browsers have the ability to save all contents in a single file

*All* common browsers do.

> , but they are not always interoperable between browsers (can anything other than Safari read .webarchive?).

If you downloaded the HTML with one browser, yes, you would have to open it locally with that browser. There is nothing different here than with any other web page.

> Besides, single files are easier to mail.

Are you suggesting that all art in an RFC *has* to be done with inline SVG?

--Paul Hoffman