[rfc-i] Graphics and XML

Yoav Nir ynir at checkpoint.com
Tue Jul 10 09:37:28 PDT 2012

On Jul 10, 2012, at 7:15 PM, Paul Hoffman wrote:

> On Jul 10, 2012, at 8:39 AM, Julian Reschke wrote:
>
>> On 2012-07-10 17:23, Paul Hoffman wrote:
>>> For RFC output, a stable absolute URI would obviously be better than an unstable one. For Internet-Draft production, local relative URIs are possibly acceptable, but I would hope that the different streams would prohibit them.
>>
>> For RFCs, assuming the RFC has a stable URI, a local relative URI will be stable as well, no?
>

> Good call. I was thinking about the case where I downloaded the RFC and art, but moved the RFC to somewhere else but didn't move the art. Now that seems like an edge case. It is more likely that I will open the local copy of the RFC in its downloaded location, so the relative links would work fine.

I don't know. How do you download the RFC? If you just click File-->Save As… in a browser, you will normally just save the HTML file, or batch-use wget to download a bunch of them. Yes, some browsers have the ability to save all contents in a single file, but they are not always interoperable between browsers (can anything other than Safari read .webarchive?). Besides, single files are easier to mail.