[rfc-i] draft-hildebrand-html-rfc

Yoav Nir ynir at checkpoint.com
Sun Jul 8 05:50:23 PDT 2012

That's pretty nice.

Could you post the source HTML?  The one at the link is tooled with all the CSS needed to display it.

Reading the draft, I think the HTML is still going to be more verbose than XML2RFC. OTOH HTML can handle images, formulas and tables now, whereas it would be an extension to XML2RFC.

Regarding format for formulas, I think it will be a while before we can rely on MathML. Testing against http://www.mathjax.org/demos/mathml-samples/ , I see that Firefox and Safari can handle MathML, but IE and Chrome (the two most popular browsers these days) don't, so at least for now, it's a non-starter.  SVG might work better.

Yoav