[rfc-i] draft-hildebrand-html-rfc

Joe Hildebrand (jhildebr) jhildebr at cisco.com
Sat Jul 7 15:09:26 PDT 2012

I just submitted a -00 draft of a potential HTML format for RFCs.

The version you want to read is here:

http://cursive.net/draft-hildebrand-html-rfc-2012-07-07.html

The version I submitted is a total cop-out, for which I apologize; I'm
working on auto-conversion from HTML to xml2rfc now, but wanted to make
sure I got *something* submitted.

If you'd like to look at the tooling I used to produce this, there is a
github project at:

https://github.com/IETF-Formatters/html-rfc

The idea is you write some HTML, run "idemponit" on what you have, and you
get conformant HTML out the other side.  There is a directory of changes
in "/nits" that are run against the input; writing new nits should be easy
if you've got some basic HTML and jQuery skills.

There's also a tool called "rfcq" that allows you to query information out
of the HTML, using jQuery selector syntax.

--
Joe Hildebrand