[rfc-i] Making life easy for authors/editors

Andrew G. Malis agmalis at gmail.com
Sat Jul 7 06:43:52 PDT 2012

I've been reading the recent discussions with interest, but haven't
seen a particular issue addressed, as least recently. As a draft and
RFC author/editor (and WG chair), my primary interest isn't in how
drafts and RFCs are stored for posterity, but rather how they're
generated. I currently use NroffEdit to write drafts, because it's
easy. Even though years ago I could generate raw nroff with the best
of them, that's not my interest - I just want to write the words and
not have to program the metalanguage. NroffEdit makes that very easy -
it's a WYSIWYG editor that generates the nroff for me. Just give me a
tool that easy, and I don't really care what metalanguage it generates
and is used by the RFC Editor.

Thanks,
Andy