[rfc-i] Valid email addresses [last call "On Authors, Contributors, Editors, and overload."]

Dave CROCKER dhc at dcrocker.net
Fri Jan 13 07:33:28 PST 2012

> Affiliation for the work and contact address for the author are
> two separate concepts, which have traditionally been blended in
> RFCs. If we want to tease them apart, that would need some input
> from our IPR lawyer - but maybe we first have to decide whether the
> Author's Address is for contact or for affiliation.

I think Brian has distinguished the issue correctly.

The only plausible reason for listing contact information is for contact.

We should require contact information to be current at the time of publication.

On the other hand, if the author wishes to list the affiliation information as
being something out of date at the time of publication, that doesn't seem to
have any downside.

d/
--

   Dave Crocker